Friday, November 2, 2007

Poor Jacob

So I thought you'd all like to know that our little Jake broke his little arm on Tuesday night. He somehow managed to fall (jump, dive, slip, backflip) off his bed. Since I wasn't in the room I won't ever know how it actually happened. I do know that when he came downstairs crying holding his arm I just thought it was another "owie" until I looked at it and could tell it was definitely broken! If you've never seen a broken arm before, it's not hard to identify.

Daddy and Uncle James gave him a blessing and then Uncle James stayed with Maddie and Robby while we took Jake to the ER. He was very brave even through the IV he had to get so they could numb his arm and set it back into place. Thank goodness Andrew was there cause my stomach was getting a little queezy watching all of this. He got a splint and a sling temporarily to allow for swelling and will then get a cast.

He's doing great with it so far and is managing with his left hand.

What a brave little boy!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jacob,
Trenton and I want you to know how much we love you, and we hope you are listening to your Dad and Mom and be careful. Jacob you mean the world to our family and we don't want anything to happen to you. With all the love in the world from sac ca. Love The Camps.

Anonymous said...

I love receiving the Mullen new's and the family pictures please send more. Jolene

Anna said...

Mindy. This is Anna Hale (Mears). I came to your blog through Kellie's. Cute family! I haven't seen you guys in FOREVER! Hope all is well.

Robert said...

Ouch! Give him a hug from Kim, Sadie and I. Was he wearing his Ninja suit when he broke it?

Kellie O. said...

Oh no! He looks so brave with his arm all patched up...poor thing. Amaya says she's not gonna jump on her bed anymore, so thanks for teaching her a lesson Jake. Loving your blog Min!