Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Birthday girls

March 12, 1980 was the best birthday for my mom because
my little sister Kellie was born that day!!!

Most of their life they've been able to spend their day together but this year they are on opposite sides of the world!! I am missing both of them today because my mom is on a business trip in Texas and Kellie lives in China! These are two of the most fun women to be with! As you can see in this picture, my mom, and my kids' Nana, is very loved! She is the best mother, my best friend, and the best example to me! She always has great advice and amazes me with her simple and sincere words. She is a light in a room full of people, I could talk to her for hours about everything and nothing, she makes me want to be a good mom. When my sisters and I were little it was always a fight for who got to sit by mom, who got to go with mom to the store, who got to sleep in mom's bed when dad was out of town, and pretty much anywhere she was, we wanted to be. Well, it's still that way although now we're much more civilized. But, I think the feeling is the same, we all just want to be near her!!!

Kellie and I were pretty much attached at the hip growing up and shared many of the same friends. (still do) The best part was that when it was time to go home, we still had each other and could play for hours on end. I admire Kellie for many many reasons....She can make me laugh and any given time, she has a heart of gold, she's a wonderful mom, she's got enough creativity in her to cover for my lack of, she has an infectious laugh, her personality draws people in and they want to become her friend, she sees hidden qualities in people and brings them out.

I hope you two have a wonderful day and wish we could all be together eating chocolate, going for a walk & getting our nails done!! Doesn't that sound fun??? Wanna come home for a visit Kell?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to both of those amazing girls! I love them both, too!

Tara Fears said...

That made me miss Kellie! Happy birthday to them! And HELLO, isn't it YOUR birthday TODAY?...or have I lost my mind? (Which is totally possible) Happy Green Day!

LuckyDogs said...

Would you update your blog already!! How the heck am I supposed to know what you've been up to????

Anonymous said...

Cute blog background, Mindy! Where did you find it? Are you coming to GNO next week?