So the time came and went and what a time we had! The last almost 4 years of having Jen and her family here were a little heavenly! I've said my goodbye's a few times before, this time was a little different. I've been more grateful for the time that they were here. Unlike the first time they drove away when I was 18 and my world literally crumbled. the total unfairness of it all. Why couldn't they stay here? How was I ever going to accept this? I didn't know at the time that this was only the first of many of those days to come.
I've learned a few things since that day when I was 18...
The phone can be your best friend, and Skype is even better!
Okay, so there's only one thing that makes this easier. Alright, email and blogs are right up there too.
No, really though, It did go by too fast but we had a lot of great times and once again, Jen was here for some big moments in my life. She always seems to be there....
Thanks for taking my kids while I was in the hospital having Robby, and thanks for the yummy food waiting for my family when we got home.
Thanks for loving my kids like they were yours.
Thanks for watching my kids while Andrew and I went to Denver for our Anniversary.
Thanks for all the times we met in the middle in Salt Lake for lunch when we both needed to get out.
Thanks for all the ideas........you're full of them....it's like a never ending bucket of them I can reach into at any time!
Thanks for being such a good example to me. You are able to do it all, not only taking care of your family and making delicious food, but then all the little things, whipping out photo albums for teachers, family, & friends, reading book after book, PTA, learning new things and then teaching them all to us, primary, driving, driving, driving, capturing all the kids with your bedtime stories, and just making people happy.
I'm glad to be on your team. I'm glad to know that I will see you in a few months and it will all be exactly the same. I'm glad to know that you have my back and will help me with my rocks. I'm glad to know that you're doing your best and I'm doing my best so that this will continue on for eternity.
The people in Warrensburg have no idea what's about to impose upon their hearts. What's just around the corner and is about to stir up a love that can never be replaced for the Reed family. How lucky they are!!
Aerica is 13
15 years ago


3 comments:
Cute Mind! I moved 500 miles away and no one in my family missed me THAT much...no blog tributes...oh well! :)
You are so cute! I went over to Jen's blog and read about the "rocks" and got chills. I LOVED IT! Aren't sisters just the greatest? I'm jealous that you have 6 of them!
I wish I could watch Jen while she read this. What each of you wrote on your blogs lets me think of you two together and reminisce.
Post a Comment