Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sweet Boy



Just now I heard Robby calling to me from his bed that he was awake from his nap.
Jacob is already on the move (he responds much quicker than me) telling me that Robby is awake and is on his way up to comfort him.

This is something that happens daily, and nightly.
Jacob loves being a big brother. I don't know if he knows he loves being a big brother. He is just very very good at it. He has a built-in ability to care for people.

Often during the night I hear Robby calling to me from his room. I then hear Jacob say something like this, "It's okay Robby, I'll go get her for you. Do you want your blankie? I'll be right back. I'll go get mommy."

He says it so sweet and yet he's just been awakened by a screeming brother in the middle of the night. He then proceeds to come get me and usually meets me in the hall way on my way to his room and because of his sweet voice, I have a smile on my face and have again just been taught a lesson from my child.

"Open our hearts like a little child and take pleasure in hearing and practicing the word of God in all the power of its simplicity; that which bringeth joy, that which bringeth life eternal” (D&C 42:61)

5 comments:

hollilyne said...

That is just the cutest story. Jake has always been such a sweet kid it is definately not a surprise to hear how sweet he is to his little brother. I will never forget how much he just adored Amaya and pretty much any baby he was around even when he was a baby himself. So Cute.

Missy said...

What a good boy!!! And what a great lesson in patience and kindness.

Heather S. said...

That is really, really sweet.

LuckyDogs said...

When I told Austin there was a picture of Jake on your blog he came running so fast!! And then I showed him the picture and I thought he might cry.

Jake is one of a kind, a total sweetie. Tell him "hi" from us and give him a monster hug!!!

maroon6464 said...

Hey mindy love the story about Jacob, everyone is right he is such a good brother, even when we had little sophie there he was so good to her making her laugh and smile @ him. We can't wait to see all of you guys in one week. Jolene